Last Updated April 4, 2019
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide additional services, however, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide. When you sign up for the mailing list or any service that requires registration (e.g., for our community, blogging services, etc.), we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address and an account password (collectively “Personal Information”). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Siteseeing Media services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information, although doing so may hinder your ability to use the Website and/or the Service. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of every email.
- Cookies. When you view the Website, we may store some information on your computer’s hard drive. This information will be in the form of a “cookie.” Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. Without accepting a cookie, your use of the Service may be affected.
- Google. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site, but we may do so in the future.
- Server log information. When you use Siteseeing Media, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications. When you send email or other communication to Siteseeing Media, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Links. Siteseeing Media may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content, and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Siteseeing Media may not be able to provide those services to you.
Siteseeing Media only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Siteseeing Media in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually. Please contact info [at] siteseeingmedia [dot] com for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the internet or email, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any personal information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others and, consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. A third party may therefore be able to trace an existing bank account or relationship or one that is subsequently created. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country, data may also be transmitted via such networks to other countries regularly and without controls, including to countries that do not afford the same level of data protection as your country of domicile.
Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your Personal Information or data during its transfer via internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Siteseeing Media services, we make good-faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct, or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
Siteseeing Media regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Siteseeing Media’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this Website or by emailing info [at] siteseeingmedia [dot] com.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Siteseeing Media’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Siteseeing Media and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this Website or at info [at] siteseeingmedia [dot] com.